The Final - Result
Eva Chen Interview
Akihiko Omikawa Interview
The Final, Day Two
The Final, Day One
IT environments are shifting from traditional physical environments towards virtualisation, cloud and IoT (Internet of Things). In addition to traditional business environments, various systems including industrial control systems and smart devices are connetcted to the internet. On the other hand, with no boundaries on the internet, cyber attacks are becoming increasingly damaging and critical.
Trend Micro CTF is a CTF event hosted by Trend Micro, a global leader in security software and solutions with the vision 'a world safe for exchanging digital information’.
Trend Micro CTF 2016
Trend Micro CTF 2016 combines online qualifier and on-site final. Top ten teams from the qualifier will automatically qualify for the final, hosted in Tokyo in November 2016.
Challenges include not only orthodox categories such as ‘binary analysis’ and ‘packet analysis’, but also ‘targeted attacks’, ‘IoT’ and ‘SCADA’ to reflect the current and future business IT environments*1.
The following prizes will be presented to the top three teams in the final event hosted in Tokyo:
- Winner :
- JPY1,000,000 for the winning team
- 15,000 Zero Day Initiative reward points for each member of the winning team (ZDI Bronze Status)
- * 10 % automatic monetary bonus on all vulnerability submissions over the 2017 calendar year
- * 10 % ZDI reward points multiplier on all vulnerability submissions over the 2017 calendar year
- * One-time bonus of $2,000 USD
- Automatic qualification for HITCON CTF 2016 Final, hosted in Taipei, Taiwan, on December 2-3 2016.
- 2nd Place : JPY300,000
- 3rd Place : JPY200,000
- Adults aged over 20
Trend Micro CTF 2016 Online Qualifier has finished. For the overview and the final results of Online Qualifier, please click here.
Thank you to all the teams and their members that participated in the event.
- July 30 2016 to July 31 2016 (JST)
- Start Time:
- 13:00 (JST, or 4:00 UTC), July 30 2016
- Challenge categories include, in addition to ‘binary’ and ‘packet’, ‘targeted attack’, ‘IoT’, and ‘ICS/SCADA’ planned*1
- Online (requires internet connection)
- November 19 2016 to November 20 2016 (JST)
- Top ten teams qualified from online qualifiers (Maximum four members per group)
- Attack and Defense
- Challenge categories include not only orthodox ones such as ‘binary’ and ‘packets’ but also ‘targeted attacks’, ‘IoT’ and ‘ICS/SCADA’*1.
- NS Sky Conference Hall A/B, 30th floor, Shinjuku NS Building
*1: Challenge categories may change without further notice.