Trend Micro CTF 2016 - Rules and Regulations
- Participants must be aged over 20.
- Trend Micro CTF is a team-based competition.
- Each team must have a team leader.
- There’s no limit to the number of members per team for online qualifier.
- However, only top ten teams from online qualifier will qualify for the final. Also, a maximum of four members including team leader per team can participate in the final. You are not allowed to transfer the rights to participate in the final.
- If a participant does not meet requirements, they would not be eligible for participating in the final and winning prizes.
- Score will be calculated for each team.
- Once the qualifier begins, one challenge for each category will be opened.
- First team to solve a challenge will be awarded 1% bonus points in addition to allocated points.
- As soon as one team solves a specific challenge, the next challenge of the same category will be available to other teams.
- For information and updates during online qualifier, we will communicate via Twitter (@TrendMicroCTF) both in English and Japanese.
- If you have any questions regarding challenges during online qualifier, please email firstname.lastname@example.org either in English or Japanese.
- If you submit wrong answers within a short space of time, your team account will be locked for a certain period of time. If you continue submitting wrong answers during the period, your team account will be locked for additional amount of time.
During Trend Micro CTF 2016 online qualifier, the following activities will be strictly prohibited.
- Any activities or actions that would interfere, obstruct, or disturb other teams, participants, and event organisers
- Any activities or actions that would peep into other teams, participants, and event organsiers
- Any activities or actions that would provide a hint, clue or answer to participants other than your own team members
- Any activities or actions that would seek for or receive a hint, clue, or answer from participants other than your own team members. A hint or clue provided by event organisers to all participants would be acceptable.
- Participating in multiple teams
- Any activities or actions to attack network and systems that are not permitted to do so
- Any activities or actions that would interfere, obstruct, or disturb running of the event overall
If event organisers find any prohibited activities, the event organisers have the right to deduct points or disqualify a team. Same penalties would be applied even if event organisers find any prohibited activities after the online qualifier.
Conditions for the Final
- Top ten teams with highest scores from online qualifier will be eligible for participating in the Trend Micro CTF 2016 Final to be held in Tokyo on November 19 and 20.
- You cannot change your team name from online qualifier.
- Four team members including team leader per team can participate in the final.
- You are not allowed to change your team leader.
- Trend Micro will cover participants’ three-night accommodation for the duration of the event (Check-In: November18, Check-Out: November 21). Any other costs related to or associated with your trip to the final will not be covered by Trend Micro.